A woman is either beautiful or just plain lazy so goes the saying. It can be very challenging to go out of the way and find something that not only suits the occasion but also your body type. Wait…did you read it right? Yes, body type can make or break the outfit for your D Day. Here is a mini guide to help you look your best for the occasion as per your body type. Let’s break it down to which body type you fall into. There are 5 basic body types for Indian women -
If you are heavy at the top with slender legs, you identify as the apple-shaped. the part of your body that you should show-off are your gorgeous legs, so wear outfits that enhance them.
- A short kurta with churidar is a great option for casual wear. Camouflage your midriff and make it look cinched with a fit and flare style, such as an Anarkali!
- Look for defined cuts and form-fitting silhouettes because anything loose or baggy will not create a pleasing aesthetic.
- Always remember to highlight your best features and rock the outfit like a diva.
Pear-shaped ladies usually have narrow shoulders, slender upper body, and a broad lower body. The majority of indian women fall under this type. Your strongest feature is your waist!
- What better than a saree to accentuate that defined waist. experiment with different drapes and pick the style best suited for you.
- Lehengas would also look gorgeous on you.
- Choose a cape style blouse as it will make your shoulders look broad, making it proportionate to your hips
If your shoulder and waist are proportionate with a cinched waist, you fall in the hourglass type. You’re one of the lucky ones because this body type can wear almost any outfit.
- Indo-western wear with slim silhouettes looks great on hourglass body types.
- Choose sarees, gowns, anarkalis, and lehengas because the world is your runway!
Women with a rectangular body shape are usually slender and straight (shoulder-waist-hips are aligned).
- Create a waist by wearing outfits that are fitted at the waist.
- Peplum style top with lehengas are made for the rectangular body types as it creates a defined waist.
- Fish cut outfits are also a great way to enhance your shape. A gown with a fish cut style is a good option to choose for a formal affair.
- Deeper necks and flares that take the limelight away from your boxy look
5. Inverted Triangle:
This body type, as the name suggests, makes an inverted triangle with a heavy bust, an undefined smaller waist followed by a narrow bottom. The basic styling rule for this body type is wearing clothes that balance your upper body to the lower body to create an hourglass effect which you can achieve by accentuating your waist so the illusion of a balanced hip takes place
- Wrap styles, A-lines, and pants with detailed hips are your options for this frame.
- Go for heavy borders in sarees that add volume to the bust and shoulders taking off attention from the hips.
- Indo-Western styles like kurtas with pants.
Lady, now that you have defined your body type and the outfits, which suit it, choose the correct fit and flaunt your Indian/Indo-Western wear with grace! And don’t forget to check our “A Rose from my old Diary” collection that has everything for everyone.